Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Five months!

Been a while, but it's time I made some effort to catch up this blog.

I'm still working at the university, but I'll be taking Japanese language classes soon. It's time I studied for real and buckled down. Hopefully I'll be able to find work in a new field or at least get a better teaching job.

Capoeira is good, I gotta start training with other groups more though. I'm pretty lazy about going to events, so I've been getting comfortable just training with the same people over and over in my school. Mixing up with new people is paramount to improving my game.

I'm still a World of Warcraft junkie. I really enjoy playing, obviously, but it would be nice to get into some other games that aren't as time consuming. Unreal Tournament 3 was a good purchase, but it's not particularly deep, just fast action. I still hit game centers too, but there hasn't been anything really exciting lately. However, a few weeks ago I very luckily stumbled onto a local area test of Street Fighter 4. The game is still months from official release, so Capcom is testing units around Japan in relative secrecy. They had posters advertising it was playable for the weekend, but cameras were not allowed and the machines were obviously not running the final game. I did get to play it, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in every arcade around town. It's got the right gameplay, classic characters, and looks great.

Midori and I took a nice vacation to South Korea last month. We stayed with a friend of mine, JP, who's doing some research at Seoul National University. Unfortunately, the plane tickets weren't very well-timed, as we arrived in the evening and left in the morning. Even with just two days to see the city, we managed to get a lot in. The highlight was our trip to the DMZ. We did a tour of the border between North and South Korea and it was nuts. North Korea is a crazy place. Seoul was great too, good food, nice sights, nice weather.

JP came to Japan just this last weekend, and we did a great tour. Saw the sights in Kyoto, Nara, and here in Osaka. Spent a lot of money, but it was a blast. Good to get out into the spring weather and enjoy the outdoors.

We're still working on our trip back to the states, looks like we've found everything for our tickets and accommodation. Now just to get it all finalized.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you Son and Daughter, hope you had a good trip home!

Love, Dad

June 22, 2008 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home